Ovni Survey

• Facebook
  • Twitter

Ovni Survey

Messagepar panema » 24 Mai 2019, 15:54

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, but excited to have recently joined. I have been interested in Ovni's for some time, and am looking to purchase one used. This will be my first time purchasing a boat (I have much to learn).

I am looking for a good marine surveyor prior to making a final decision, and wanted to post to the forum to see if there is anything specific I should look for in a surveyor to examine an aluminum craft or an Ovni specifically?

I think I recently saw resources in the forum for things to be aware of when purchasing an Ovni, and I will look those over as well. But curious if there is anything related to surveying and hiring a surveyor that is worth knowing before hand.

The boat is currently in Curacao.

Thank you all in advance,
panema
O nouveau
O nouveau

Re: Ovni Survey

Note : vous voyez cette publicité car vous n'êtes pas connecté au forum
Annonces

• Facebook
  • Twitter

Re: Ovni Survey

Messagepar Dummy » 25 Mai 2019, 09:58

Hello Panema and welcome on board !

There are several posts on this subject on the forums such as this one :
https://translate.google.fr/translate?hl=fr&tab=wT&sl=fr&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ovniclub.com%2Fforum%2Facheter-ovni-occasion-t112.html
GG translation, while still not perfect, has improved a lot (i am contributing every time i can by sending inputs and suggestions for upgrades) and already gives you some fair ideas.

Re marine surveyor it is indeed better to appoint someone with experience in aluminium boats and even better some knowledge of these boats.
As sending someone from France might not be cost effective, i would look in the french west indies e.g. in Martinique or Saint Marteen for a surveyor who already knows these boats. Some shipyards or shipchandlers there could perhaps recommend someone

All the best in you search for your first boat !

PS : you probably already know the famous adage among sailors : " the happiest days of a yacht owner : the day he first owns the boat and the day he resells it !"
This said, Ovni yachts are pretty sturdy and can last for many decades if reasonably maintained
Dummy
O passionné
O passionné

• Facebook
  • Twitter

Re: Ovni Survey

Messagepar panema » 28 Mai 2019, 21:33

Thank you Kev - appreciate the info and pointing me in the direction of the other info.

I was able to find a local surveyor who has aluminum specialty in his credentials. He also has surveyed this particular vessel before as well which is interesting (small world).

Cheers,
panema
O nouveau
O nouveau

Re: Re: Ovni Survey

Annonces

Revenir vers Boat related questions