Nous sommes actuellement le 18 Mai 2024, 22:22

News News de Boat related questions

Plan de Boat related questions » Forum : Boat related questions

International members not speaking french

Installation of bow thruster on Ovni 435

We just had a bow thruster, type Side Power SE 100/185 T, on our Ovni 435 Lupa di Mare..

For info, we used about 50 hours for all the aluminium work and another 20-30 hours for installation of controllers and cabling.

In all, the whole operation went rather smoothly. The installation has been tested and all works fine. :lol:

More photos can be made availlable.

Best regards ...
Lire la suite : Installation of bow thruster on Ovni 435 | Vues : 1896 | Réponses : 1

Aluminum boat design and selection

A quite comprehensive article by Colin (wave-action.com) re. aluminum boat design and selection :

The full article can be read here :
http://www.morganscloud.com/2008/07/01/stability-numbers-for-lifting-keel-sailboat/

A few excerpts :

The benefit of true shoal draft like this opens up many cruising areas, and is ideal for the exploration we have in mind. Not only that, in many wild places, the ability to anchor further in can make a huge difference to comfort and safety in bad weather
Lire la suite : Aluminum boat design and selection | Vues : 2370 | Réponses : 1

Trim under power...

We have an older (1983) OVNI Sonate 28. We have noticed a tendency for this model to "squat" in the stern when full power is applied to the diesel engine. The stern sinks down enough that water enters the transom scuppers and covers about a third of the aft portion of the cockpit floor. This condition does not happen under sail alone at the same hull speeds, so I suspect that it is a condition ...
Lire la suite : Trim under power... | Vues : 986 | Réponses : 1

Ovni 445 vs. Allures 44

The Ovni 445 and the Allures 44 is tested , for a long weekend, sailing in Norway.

http://www.seilas.no/wip4/detail.epl?id=445846

the test will be seen in this magasin later this winther, i will tell you when,

careka
Lire la suite : Ovni 445 vs. Allures 44 | Vues : 7248 | Réponses : 2

Leaning floor ?

We have just bought an Ovni 395. The floor in the saloon is leaning 1 cm per 100 cm. The same goes for the fore cabin. Actually we believe that the whole boat is leaning. We have a balance load and have made no changes from the factory delivery. Please tell us if more Ovnis/UFOs have the same problem.
Lire la suite : Leaning floor ? | Vues : 1234 | Réponses : 6

Rudder system of the ovnis

by reading around (via google translate) on this forum i found some questions and problems about the rudder system.

personal i don't like the idea of this rudder system at all and don't under stand why alubat still uses it. :shock:
i prefer twin rudders without any lifting mechanics. the current boat i'm sailing (beneteau oceanis 343) has twin rudders and a lifting keel and can take ...
Lire la suite : Rudder system of the ovnis | Vues : 2276 | Réponses : 2

SSB radio antenna grounding

I am in the process to install an SSB radio and I ear different opinions and suggestion how to ground the antenna in an alluminum hull, goes from connect directly to the hull , conect to the engine, paint with a special paint 3 square mt of the internal hull ...as the more credible one...I am not going to mention the more eccentric.
Is any of you can share what kind of grounding has in ...
Lire la suite : SSB radio antenna grounding | Vues : 1966 | Réponses : 2

Connexion  •  Inscription

Statistiques

8473 messages • 1475 sujets • 3457 membres