Nous sommes actuellement le 18 Mai 2024, 22:22

News News de Boat related questions

Plan de Boat related questions » Forum : Boat related questions

International members not speaking french

Rudder spare parts

SAFRAN 435.jpg

Hallo everybody,
I thank you all for the replies I got to my previous questions.
Therefore, here is another one concerning rudder spare parts.

I attach a technical drawing I had from the Italian representative of ALUBAT here in Milano.
What I am asking is whether someone can specify where I can find parts indicates ad "BAGUE ERTA" vwith various numbers and parts "AXE GOUVERNAIL" corresponding to parts number ...
Lire la suite : Rudder spare parts | Vues : 977 | Réponses : 0

Velocity polar charts

Bonjour à tous,
Sorry but I don´t speak french.
Could you please tell me where could I found "Polaires de vitesse" for an 445
thank you
Lire la suite : Velocity polar charts | Vues : 1965 | Réponses : 4

Effects of electrolysis

Hi again,
another topic for another question. We recently found a small spot of corrosion on the inner part of the hull on our 435, surely caused by electrolytic effects, enhanced by the face that the surface where this small "escavation" has took place has been for a while under salted water (few cm). The area I am referring is the one immediately forward the engine vane.
Any suggestions on how to face this issue ...
Lire la suite : Effects of electrolysis | Vues : 1443 | Réponses : 3

Rudder servo mechanism

Hi there,
by reading the various posts about rudder problems and maintenance (in my case on a 435) I could not find a reference for replacing the transmission mechanisms (gears) which are inside the rudder column above the deck and that along with the years and use are causing suboptimal transmission between the rudder wheel and axis (you have to move a lot the wheel before feeling that you are acting on the rudder effectively). ...
Lire la suite : Rudder servo mechanism | Vues : 1266 | Réponses : 2

Caribbean shipyard for Ovni boat refit

Hi everybody,
I recently joined the forum which I find very interesting and full of information.
I own an OVNI 435 launched in 2003. Since 2007 we have been extensively cruising in the Caribbean and are now thinking on moving on towards the Pacific. During this years, annual maintenance (including a deck refitting in 2010 in Trinidad) has been performed during hurricane season in St. Martin, Antigua, Curacao, depending on our last seasonal destination, with ...
Lire la suite : Caribbean shipyard for Ovni boat refit | Vues : 2004 | Réponses : 2

Installing Pacific Windpilot

Hi
I am installing a Pacific windpilot on a Ovni345, the questions is : is enough to screw the 4 bolts to hold the flange on the stern or is more recommended to make a big hole and put the nuts underneath the four bolts.

Thanks for your help

Angelo
Lire la suite : Installing Pacific Windpilot | Vues : 1136 | Réponses : 2

Mounting a Pacific Windpilot

I am in the process to install a Pacific Windpilot on an Ovni 345, I would like to know in which way you installed the flange on the stern, did you make a big hole in a way you can put the nuts on the four bolts, or you just screw the bolts in the aluminium ?

Thanks for your help

Angelo
Lire la suite : Mounting a Pacific Windpilot | Vues : 1073 | Réponses : 1

Which ovni model ?

Hello,
I am looking for an ovni that is as small as possible but meets the following requirements:
Must have:
Possibly difficulties
- completly (!) isulated
- internal shower with warm water
- rear carrier for solar, wind energy & dingi

More or less standard (or?)
- heating
- boiler for warm water
- possible to stand inside (>1,9m headroom) (every model or?)
- pantry with stove, oven, refrigerator/freezer, ...
- wc
- table
Lire la suite : Which ovni model ? | Vues : 2887 | Réponses : 12

Pro's and con's of a 2 rudder configuration

Pros and cons of a 2 rudder configuration :
2 rudders or a single rudder on centre-board boats ?

On most centreboard boats with shallow draft, particularly above a certain size of some 50 feet long, the 2 spade
rudder configuration has been the favored solution. When tacking against the wind once the boat is heeling, the leeward
rudder is ideally positionned, which yields "finger-tip" steering. Much pleasant for the helmsman, as well as for ...
Lire la suite : Pro's and con's of a 2 rudder configuration | Vues : 5097 | Réponses : 0

Greasing stern gland

Hi

How do people grease their stern glands?
We have an Ovni 385 with Volvo Penta d2-55. Stern Gland supposed to be greased at least once a year, but impossible to get two hands to, so I can squeeze it, or I can get grease near it, but I can't squeeze it and get grease in it!

Please help.

Thanks.

Nick
Lire la suite : Greasing stern gland | Vues : 8295 | Réponses : 2

Connexion  •  Inscription

Statistiques

8473 messages • 1475 sujets • 3457 membres